About Hans The Hiker:
Traveler, hiker, blogger, photographer, music lover, lover of Good Mrs home cooking. Stoics follower.
Lives in Melbourne, Australia. Dual Australian / Swedish and Global citizen.
I am predominantly a day hiker (call me old, call me a lazy bastard…). Having said that, I walked Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. That was September and October 2015.
I carried my own backpack and gear throughout the 775km walk. No buses, no taxis, nobody else transporting my backpack for me. No “cheating”.
Lately, I have got interested in Stoicism, philosophy in general and then became a huge fan of Ryan Holiday, his books, thinkings, and insights.
About Hans The Hiker blog:
My posts are more “storytelling” than “educational” as there are a lot of educational hiking blogs out there. Personal thoughts, observations and some facts about what I encounter during my outings. Since I have long been smitten by the travel bug, there are hiking posts from different continents and countries. With more to come.
I include Google Maps using .gpx coordinates where appropriate. Lots of photographs as I enjoy photography.
About the animation:
My animated face is created by my son Jeremy. He is a Designer / Animator from Sydney, Australia. Now relocated to London, U.K. Refer Jeremy’s website for details here.
About the photography:
All photography is my own except where noted.
If you would like to use any of my photographs from this blog, please message me beforehand. State the purpose and intended destination of the photo(s). Ask for my approval. Mostly I would concur.
How Hans The Hiker blog is organised:
- Home – The most current post is at the top and then in descending publishing date order
- Hiking – Categorized per country, state/province and region
- Camino Frances – One post for each day of walking the famous pilgrim trail. And a few from the days beforehand.
- Camino Frances Day by Day – A drop-down menu providing easy access to a particular Camino day or the route between two places
- Camino Frances PostR&R– A daily post for my “Camino rest and relaxation”, during my 2+ weeks in Portugal after completing the pilgrim walk.
- About – You’re looking at it…