About Hans The Hiker:
Traveler, hiker, blogger, photographer, music lover, lover of Good Mrs home cooking. Stoics follower.
Lives in Melbourne, Australia. Dual Australian / Swedish and Global citizen.
I am predominantly a day hiker and prefer not to bring overnight equipment with me (call me old, call me a lazy bastard…). Having said that, I walked Camino Frances from St Jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain in September and October 2015. There, I carried my own backpack and gear throughout the 775km of walking. No ‘cheating”.
Lately, I have got interested in Stoicism, philosophy in general and I am a huge fan of Ryan Holiday, his books, thinkings and insights.
About Hans The Hiker blog:
My posts are more “amusing” than “educational” as there are a lot of educational hiking blogs out there. Personal thoughts, observations and some facts about what I encounter during my outings. Since I have long been smitten by the travel bug, there are posts from different continents and countries.
I include Google Maps using .gpx coordinates where appropriate. Lots of photographs as I enjoy photography.
About the animation:
My animated face is created by my son Jeremy. He is a Designer / Animator from Sydney, Australia, now relocated to London, U.K. More about Jeremy and his work here.
Yes, Jeremy is “for hire”. Refer his website for details.
About the photography:
All photography is my own except where noted. If you would like to use any of my photographs from this blog, please message me beforehand, state the purpose and intended end destination of the photo(s) and ask for my approval. Mostly I would concur.
How Hans The Hiker blog is organised:
The Hans The Hiker blog is organised as follows:
- Camino Walking and Camino R&R– I walked Camino Frances the end 2015 created one post for each day of walking and for the subsequent 2+ weeks during my “rest and relaxation”.
- Hiking – Hiking and walking, sorted per country and region
- Home in Melbourne – Melbourne, Australia is where I currently live. Posts from events and happenings in my hometown
- Short Trips – Short travel “essays” from a few days here and a few days there (or even just a single day)
- Thoughts and Opinions – Random thoughts, observations, opinions and so on and so on… A bit of everything, maybe even venting…
- About – You’re looking at it…
- Daily Camino – a drop down menu with each Camino walking and R&R post sorted in chronological order